ℹ️ Only Team Members and their Team Leads can actively participate in a Check-in. In order for a team to use this feature, it has to be set up by an Admin, Program Lead, Coach or Team Lead. You can learn how to enable Check-ins for teams here.
What are Check-ins
Check-ins are a conversational format that helps users to connect their daily work to their strategic goals. Additionally, they help the team align on what they’ve been working on and are planning to work on, as well as share any challenges or hurdles they might have encountered.
How to prepare a Check-in
- Navigate to the Upcoming Check-in section in the navigation
- Click on the green Prepare Check-in button
- Enter your update by answering the following questions (to change them, please ask your Program Lead to reach out to their Workpath Customer Success Manager):
- What did you work on?
- What do you plan to work on next?
- Any leanings, risks and blockers you want to share?
- Answers you entered in the last Check-in in the section “What do you plan to work on next?” will be now suggested by default in the section “What did you work on?”. You can either accept these entries by clicking on the plus icon or reject them by clicking on the X.
- Link relevant answers to one of your Objectives, better specific Key Results, by clicking on the respective icon on the right. Once linked, it will turn green.
- Proceed by either clicking
- Save at the bottom at the page if the confidence level or progress of the OKR has not changed. This concludes the Check-in.
- Save and Update Progress if you want to update the confidence level and/or progress. Clicking on Save at the bottom will conclude the Check-in.
As soon as a person has prepared the Check-in (with or without updating the progress), the respective profile picture will light up in the list of upcoming Check-ins.