In order to better connect with your existing tools and processes, Workpath provides a REST-ful JSON API. Common use cases for our API are:
- Periodically querying all Goals, Key Results and Initiatives for reporting purposes.
- Building internal dashboards on TV monitors (e.g. on a team or org level) that show the Goals and their progress.
- Automate processes like updating the progress on Key Result.
To access the API, create a API Client as follows:
Hint: only administrators can create API Clients.
- Click on your profile in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select the API Clients tab on the left.
- Click the green little "+" icon or the grey "Create API Client" button.
- Fill in the Name, and select a User (the access for the API client is granted based on the selected user, so that it will be able to view, update and manage the same Goals as the user; once the API Client has been created, it can't be changed anymore).
- Click Create API Client.
- Copy and securely store the Token from the toast message at the bottom right of the screen.
For a list of all our available endpoints, technical specifications and examples, please refer to our API documentation.
Are you missing an endpoint or have an idea? Please let us know at email@example.com, we're always happy to help!